International and National Educational Relations
The University of Balamand has established a network of national and international relations with recorgnized centers of excellence to set up projects of medium and long-term duration.
The university has worked diligently to support the internationalization of higher education in Lebanon, and its efforts in that field are reflected in research, quality assurance, internationally oriented activities, institutional affiliations, and in the diversity of full-time students and full-time faculty members.
The history of cooperation between Europe and Lebanon is rich especially with countries that fall on the Mediterranean basin due to common interests. Building up on this heritage, the University of Balamand has sought to forge a strong collaboration at all levels with Europe by supporting the mobility of students and staff in both directions.
The List below summarizes the European projects the University has been an active participant in:
Agreements with Universities and Higher Education Institutions:
- Erasmus Mundus
- HER MES - Development of a Higher Education and Research Area between Europe and the Middle East.
- T- MEDA - Tuning Middle East and North Africa.
- ADIP - Apprentissage à distance et innovation pédagogique.
- IDEAL - Innovation and Development of academic-Industry Partnerships Through Efficient Research Administration in Lebanon.
- EMPODAT - European-Mediterranean Postgraduate Program on Organ Donation and Transplantation.
- TLQAA - Towards the Lebanese Quality Assurance Agency.
- OIPULES - Orientation et Insertion Professionnelle dans les Universités du Liban, de l’Egypte et de la Syrie.
- SF-HEAT - A Sustainable Framework for Higher Education in Aeronautical Technologies.
- SLACE - Developing Service-Learning and Civic Engagement Partnerships across the Curriculum.
- LEPAC - Creation of a Lebanese Engineering Programs Accreditation Commission.
- ERASMUS+ Building Capacity
- EuNIT - European project design and management in the South Mediterranean.
- TLQAA+ - Programme Evaluation for Transparency and Recognition of Skills and Qualifications.
- E-TALEB - Professional Standards Framework for Excellence in Teaching and Learning in Lebanese Universities.
- POEPM - Developing Professional-Oriented Curricula in Engineering Project Management at Aleppo University.
- GOPELEC - Gas and Oil Processing, a European Lebanese Cooperation.
- MEDAR - Mediterranean Arabic Language and Speech Technology.
- ERASMUS+ International Credit Mobility
- Belgium- Universite Catholique De Louvain
- Cyprus – University of Cypris and Cyprus International Institute of Management
- Finland - University of Olulu
- Germany – Friedrich-Alexander Universitaet Erlangen Nuernberg and Freie Universitaet Berlin
- Greece – Aristotelio Panepistimio Thessalonikis and University of Piraeus
- Italy- Alma Mater Studiorum, Universita Di Bologna, and Sapienza Universita Di Roma
- Spain – Universidad De Castilla- La Mancha, and Universidad De Lleida
- Croatia - University of Split
- France - Université de Paris Sud
- Romania - Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi
To ensure that faculty members and researchers have access to recognized research facilities, stay well-informed of innovations, and undertake cutting-edge research, the University has organized exchange programs for researchers and students and have welcomed eminent national and international visiting professors from around the globe.Click here
to view the University’s cooperative agreements with others universities and centers.
The University has worked hard to ensure membership in several associations and organizations devoted to maintaining a strong system of academic research and education, such as:
- AACRAO: American Association of Collegiate Registration and Admissions Offices
- AAEU: Association of Arab and European Universities.
- AArU: Association of Arab Universities.
- ACRAO: Arab Association of Collegiate Registration and Admissions Offices.
- ALF: Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for the Dialogue Between Cultures.
- CB: The College Board.
- CUM: Communauté des Universités Méditerranéennes.
- FIT: Associate member of the Federation Internationale des Traducteurs.
- GUNI: Full member of Global University Network for Innovation.
- IAU: International Association of Universities.
- LDC: Linguistic Data Consortium.
- SEFI: individual member of "Société Européenne pour la Formation des Ingénieurs.
- UNITWIN: Associate member of the "UNITWIN Network for Underwater Archaeology.